Follow Me

10.16.2012

Summer Workshops, bits and bobs, meeting people

Hi there!

I know it's a little late talking about workshops from the summer but it's been a crazy few months. My lovely man and I have bought our first house so what with all the upheaval of moving and the intense decorating I've only just managed to get back to some kind of routine. Although I haven't been a regular blogger in the past (I think we can safely say that my posts have been sporadic at best!) I am going to try and post more frequently from now on. I'm hoping to include not just workshop related posts but things I find inspiring and there will probably be the odd time I have a little blabber!

Recently I've decided I need to step up my professional game. I'm not pushing myself as much as I could to get new work and to create more of my own artwork. I need to have a plan of action. I've been thinking it would be nice to hear from people in a similar position, who are trying to pave their way in the world as creative practitioners, facilitators, tutors or whatever else you want to call it. It can be lonely sometimes working a lot from home and not knowing other people who get it and are in the same boat. If you are working in this field particularly in the UK then please do get in touch. It would be so nice to hear from others in a similar position. Perhaps we can help each other out…..

Anyway, back to the summer workshops here are a few images of a couple of sessions I did with years 4, 5 and 6 using cardboard construction techniques to create flower sculptures. Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment