Follow Me

4.19.2015

Touching base




I know I've been M.I.A for some time now. The reason being is I had a little boy back in March last year and he has taken up a lot of my time as I'm sure you can imagine! I'm a stay at home mummy so my days are spent keeping him entertained! Now he's 13 months old (where did that time go?) and life seems to have fallen back into some kind of order, I can finally start to steal away some time for myself to work on my own projects again. With that in mind I was looking back over old posts on this blog and I realised I hadn't updated you with any of the Imprint sessions I had done since the first few back in 2013!! 

For those of you that aren't aware of what Imprint is I'll give you a brief run down… I set up affordable printmaking workshops for adults that wanted a creative outlet without the commitment of a course. As I work from home and don't have a studio I decided to use local cafes and bars as venues for the workshops creating a unique and relaxed atmosphere. I titled the workshops 'Imprint' and it grew from there. We've covered a variety of techniques from mono printing and linocuts to screen printing and the more experimental foilography technique. 

So to give you a taste of Imprint here are some masterpieces…

(Drypoint)

(Drypoint)

(Drypoint)

(Foilography and image at the top of post)

(Polytiles)

(Mono printing)

(Mono printing)

(Linocut)

It's so great to see people enjoying trying something new and becoming inspired. Many of the people I meet have artistic backgrounds and for one reason or another have lost touch with that creativity. Imprint allows them to rekindle that and for some they have gone on to set up their own artistic businesses and creative groups. You can't ask for more than that!

I hope you've enjoyed this post and I hope to get back to writing more and producing some interesting content. I feel like this post is a little rusty but I'll get back into the swing of things! 

Would you like to see more mummy related lifestyle posts? What about some art technique tutorials? Let me know in the comments below. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment